- 2016-2017. University of California, Berkeley - College of Engineering
- M.S. Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Research Area: Control, Robotics, and Intelligent Systems
- 2012-2016. University of California, Berkeley - College of Engineering
- B.S. Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- 2008-2012. Piedmont High School
- 2018. Software Engineer: Applied Intuition
- 2017. Senior Software Engineer: Aptiv
- 2016. Graduate Student Researcher: Berkeley Hybrid Systems Lab
- 2015. Research Software Engineer: Toyota InfoTechnology Center
- 2015. Undergraduate Researcher: Berkeley Mechatronics Lab
- J. Shum. Model-Based Design of a Satellite with Orthogonal Spinning Sensors. UCB/EECS Technical Report. 5/12/17.
- B. Kim, A. Jarandikar, J. Shum, S. Shiraishi, and M. Yamaura. SMT-Based Automatic Road Network Generation in Vehicle Simulation Environment. Presented at EMSOFT. 10/2-7/16.
- B. Kim, J. Shum, A. Jarandikar, and S. Shiraishi. Demo Abstract: Systematic Road Environment Generation for Vehicle Software Simulation. Presented at International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems. 4/11/16.
- J. Shum, B. Kim, S. Shiraishi. Mixed Reality Simulation System For Testing Vehicle Control System Designs. U.S. Patent Application 15982190, filed May 2018.
- B. Kim, J. Shum, S. Shiraishi. Dynamic Virtual Object Generation for Testing Autonomous Vehicles in Simulated Driving Scenarios. U.S. Patent 20170286570, filed Oct 2017.
- J. Shum, B. Kim, S. Shiraishi. Autonomous Feature Optimization for a Connected Vehicle Based on a Navigation Route. U.S. Patent Application 15828183, filed Nov 2017. Patent Pending.
- J. Shum, B. Kim, S. Shiraishi. Log-Based Vehicle Control System Verification. U.S. Patent Application 15459903, filed Mar 2017. Patent Pending.
- B. Kim, J. Shum, S. Shiraishi, Y. Kashiba. Proximity-Based Logging for Vehicle Simulation Applications. U.S. Patent Application 15368891, filed Dec 2016. Patent Pending.