- 2016-2017. University of California, Berkeley - College of Engineering
- M.S. Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Research Area: Control, Robotics, and Intelligent Systems
- 2012-2016. University of California, Berkeley - College of Engineering
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- B.S. Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- 2008-2012. Piedmont High School
- 2017. Senior Software Engineer: Aptiv
- 2016. Graduate Student Researcher: Berkeley Hybrid Systems Lab
- 2015. Research Software Engineer: Toyota InfoTechnology Center (R&D)
- 2015. Undergraduate Researcher: Berkeley Mechatronics Lab
- J. Shum. Model-Based Design of a Satellite with Orthogonal Spinning Sensors. UCB/EECS Technical Report. 5/12/17.
- B. Kim, A. Jarandikar, J. Shum, S. Shiraishi, and M. Yamaura. SMT-Based Automatic Road Network Generation in Vehicle Simulation Environment. Presented at EMSOFT. 10/2-7/16.
- B. Kim, J. Shum, A. Jarandikar, and S. Shiraishi. Demo Abstract: Systematic Road Environment Generation for Vehicle Software Simulation. Presented at International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems. 4/11/16.
- J. Shum, B. Kim, S. Shiraishi. Mixed Reality Simulation System For Testing Vehicle Control System Designs. U.S. Patent Application 15982190, filed May 2018.
- B. Kim, J. Shum, S. Shiraishi. Dynamic Virtual Object Generation for Testing Autonomous Vehicles in Simulated Driving Scenarios. U.S. Patent 20170286570, filed Oct 2017.
- J. Shum, B. Kim, S. Shiraishi. Autonomous Feature Optimization for a Connected Vehicle Based on a Navigation Route. U.S. Patent Application 15828183, filed Nov 2017. Patent Pending.
- J. Shum, B. Kim, S. Shiraishi. Log-Based Vehicle Control System Verification. U.S. Patent Application 15459903, filed Mar 2017. Patent Pending.
- B. Kim, J. Shum, S. Shiraishi, Y. Kashiba. Proximity-Based Logging for Vehicle Simulation Applications. U.S. Patent Application 15368891, filed Dec 2016. Patent Pending.
- 2011-2015. Berkeley Tennis Club
- 2011-2012. Chabot Space and Science Center
- 2011-2012. San Francisco Asian Art Museum
- 2009-2011. Contra Costa Chinese School Assistant Art Teacher
- 2005-2006. Piedmont Middle School Brush Painting Class
- 2015. Jacobs Institute of Design: Interactive Chair Design Competition Winner
- 2015. Khan Academy Burmese Translation Portal Web Application Most Feature Rich Award
- 2015. Weebly ThemeHack Best Creative Theme Winner
- 2012. Piedmont Arthur Hecht Volunteer Art Award
- 2012. Piedmont High Senior Studio Art Plaque
- 2008, 2010, 2011. Northern California Chinese Brush Painting Competition Winner & Finalist
- 2005-2011. Contra Costa Chinese School Chinese Brush Painting Competition Winner
- 2010-2011. First Class Award for the Highland Piper Magazine from the National Scholastic Press Association
- 2011. The East Bay Monthly Magazine Cover Contest Winner
- 2009-2010. Piedmont High Art Show Best Use of Color Awards
- 2011. Congressional Recognition in An Artistic Discovery Art Exhibition
- 2012. Piedmont AP Art Exhibit
- 2012. Moraga Library Painting Exhibit
- 2008, 2010. Massachusetts All-American Chinese Brush Painting Exhibition
- 2008-2011. Northern California Association of Chinese Schools Cultural Festival
- 2008-2011. Piedmont High Art Exhibit
- 2003-2010. Contra Costa Chinese School Spring Festival